Google group members not receiving email notifications

Shvetima Gulati May 23, 2023

Hello,

I successfully added a google group as a user to JIRA. However, any assignments or mentions don't send an email notification to individual users who are members of that google group.

How can I fix this issue such that the google group receives email notifications just like any other individual would?

1 answer

0 votes
Lucas_DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Shvetima Gulati , welcome to the community.

I haven't been through your case so I'm not sure if my answer helps. However, I think you might want to check for account(s) settings for notification.

You can take a look at this first https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/ 

If managing these settings does not work, you can find Troubleshoot Notifications here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-notifications-in-jira-203394737.html 

If none of these solve your issue, I suggest you get technical support from the Atlassian team.

Side note: Just in case, I think you should check the spam or promotions inbox, or email notification settings (sometimes things can mess up from Google's side as well). 

Shvetima Gulati May 23, 2023

@Lucas_DevSamurai_ My question is specifically for the google group. The links you pointed at are for individual user's settings. How can I configure the notifications settings for a Google group user in JIRA?

Lucas_DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

HI @Shvetima Gulati 

Sorry, it was my mistake for not clarifying at first.

What I originally meant is that you might want to ask each member of the group to check their personal settings. If their notification settings are turned off, they cannot get notified even when you want them to, right? 

And besides, I also pointed to the troubleshooting link, which I thought might be more useful than the first one. You may find it in the second section as the image below: 

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.11.10.png

I hope you can find a solution to this soon. As mentioned in the last reply, I have yet to be in your situation (but I first got the same problem with my personal settings) so I thought it could be a small thing to check.

Again, I'm sorry for not clarifying it at first, leading to such a misunderstanding. 

Shvetima Gulati May 24, 2023

The individual users can and do receive email notifications. It is just the "google group" that does not receive any JIRA email notifications. I'm not quite sure how I can login to JIRA as that google group and verify its settings. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events