Good practices to improve performances ?

Maël December 10, 2021

JIRA is not famous for its stellar performances, but it feels like it's becoming slower and slower with time...

For certain Use Cases, we even tend to use other tools, not because they fit better (on the contrary...), but only because they are faster.

To put it in a nutshell : are there some good practices to implement, in order to keep our instance in a good shape ?

(move closed ticket to another project, avoid boards with more than x tickets, split our "one project with several teams" organisation into "several projects", ..... ?)

1 answer

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Maël ,

I am not sure whether you have checked this or not - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/getting-started/best-practices.

If you go through all the segments in this article, you would find Workflow, User and roles, Epics and Stories, Status and reporting, admin, automation and other best practices.

Please go through this and let me know if it helps.

Maël December 14, 2021

Hi,

thanks for your prompt response. These are about processes and agile methods and the best way to use JIRA.

I don't see anything about optimizing the performances and making Jira faster ?

Suggest an answer