Getting a list of custom field names via API?

Randall_Helms May 12, 2020

I am working with the API and when I pull out lists of issues I get a bunch of fields like customfield_123, customfield_456, etc. Is there a way to get the list of what these names correspond to from the API? I can see that there is a 'Fields' section in Project Settings in the Jira UI, but I have no idea how I can connect say a custom field called 'Project Team' to customfield_123 in the API; ideally I would make a call to an API that would allow me to get these as a key-value pair so I could map correctly.

Does such a service exist?

1 answer

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Hi @Randall_Helms 

As far as I know there is neither Java nor REST API for that,

But you can easily fetch all customfields by their names by using customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject method within the loop of customfieldKeys. Then you can get custom field's details (id, name, context, ..)

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/latest/com/atlassian/jira/issue/CustomFieldManager.html#getCustomFieldObject-java.lang.String-

I hope it helps

Tuncay

Suggest an answer