Getting Sprint's start date and end date programatically

Diego Alonso August 22, 2011

Hello my friends,

We are using the Jira REST API to get information about our Sprints into another tool. We know that the Sprint's start date and end date is information stored in GreenHopper, so we understand why they are not part of the response to the GET version request. Is there any other way of getting that information through any other interface?

Cheers,

Diego Alonso

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2011

Hi,

You can retrieve GH Sprint's start date and end date from com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira.configurations.ProjectConfiguration#getVersionStartDate and getVersionEndDate - but that requires writing a plugin on the server side or extending GH directly (and building it from the source code). You can retrieve ProjectConfiguration using com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.configuration.ConfigurationService which could be autowired to your own class if you import it in your atlassian-plugin.xml.

From this step exposing start date and end date via your own REST module looks like a piece of cake :)

0 votes
Diego Alonso August 25, 2011

yeah, the good old crew :)

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2011

Hi David! It's like old times.

GHS-1167 is marked won't fix. GHS-1853 is better.

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2011

Howdy Diego, This seems to be on the horizon, and is marked for "2011.S06".

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-1167

Maybe it's just around the corner?

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2011

Hi Diego,

The closest I can come up with is getting the RemoteVersion through JIRA's API:

http://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/rpc-jira-plugin/latest/index.html?com/atlassian/jira/rpc/soap/JiraSoapService.html

It's got getReleaseDate(), but I realize that's not quite what you're after. I'm leaving this as a comment so the question stays unanswered. Nice to hear from you!

Suggest an answer