Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Get screen ID to use in a JMCF text (scripted) field

Edited

Hello!

I have created a "Calculated (scripted) Text/Html Field" from the JMCF plugin.

This custom field is rendered in several transition screens and I want to use it to display a different text in each one of them. This text is meant as note/message for the user during the transition, so not editable. 

To do so, I want to get the screen Id it is rendered and use that info to decide which text to display. 

How can I do it?

Alternatively, how can I set the text of this field via a ScriiptRunner behaviour?

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S.: I also tried using a common Jira text field (single or multiline) and making it display the text I want by a ScriptRunner Behaviour, though once I set the field as read-only, it is greyed out I'm not too fond of it. Also I'd like to be able to use HTML formatting, hence the use of this JMCF field.

Furthermore, I also looked into the Message CF option, but the plugin needed (Toolkit Plugin for Jira) is not available for the Data Center version that I use.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

In case anyone is interested, I've contacted the plugins vendor and the short answer is NO. 

"""

I’ve checked with our team on this, and no, it’s not possible to get the current screen ID in JMCF fields since calculated fields are calculated in a global context, not for a particular screen. In fact, they are calculated in many contexts where there simply is no screen (e.g., re-indexing). This is not a use case for JMCF.

Alternatively, you might want to check Power Scripts app’s https://anovaapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PSJ/pages/1129382255/Live+Fields https://anovaapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PSJ/pages/1130233965/Live+Fields+Routines feature for your use case.

"""

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

98 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you