Get list of all users via Rest-API with user having global browse user permission

Tobias May 5, 2021

Hello together, 

we want to extract all users our technical user can get over the REST API (Jira Server 8.13.3).

The user is used for the connection to our tickettool in which we got the possibility to create issues. 

So in this case the tec-user  got global browse users permissions because when we give him the administrator rights all projects are selectable in the tool.

So the current problem we have is that we didn't have a API call which shows us all users (starting it with permissions of the tec-user).

Maybe someone has an idea how to fix this without setting him as an administrator.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Dear @Tobias ,

unfortunately there is no REST endpoint for this, but I guess you have groups assigned to the global permission. So you can query the groups. eg.

GET https://myhost.com/rest/api/2/group/member?groupname=AD_GLOBAL_ADMINS

So long

Thomas

Tobias June 2, 2021

Hi @Thomas Deiler 

in my case Postman shows that therefore administrator rights are needed. 

The user is part of the third group I permitted for this.

2021-06-02 18_40_52-Global Permissions - Markant Jira.png

Is there something wrong?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Nop. You need admin rights for that.

Suggest an answer