Get all issues which was open in the last 7 days

DEMARCHE Baptiste September 9, 2020

Hello, 

I want to create a filter to get all issue which was in a status in the last 7 days but every time I do something older issues appears. My jql query is : 

project = CS AND type = Incident AND status was "Open" DURING (now(-7d), now())

I've made some research but every time it's about when it's created or resolved but not with the "was" condition.

Thanks  

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

Hi @DEMARCHE Baptiste ,

Maybe try: 

project = CS AND type = Incident AND status was "Open" after startOfDay(-7)

DEMARCHE Baptiste September 9, 2020

Yes thank you, it's better.

Soem errors appears but it's an intern problem

Really thank you

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

Your query, in plain English, is not quite what I think you mean it to be.

You are asking for "all CS Incidents that have been in a status of Open in the last 7 days"

I think what you want to ask for is "all CS Incidents that were created in the last 7 days"

The difference between those two is quite significant - the first question will be returning issues that could have been created at any time, and had an open status at some point in the last week.  The second only looks at issues created in the last week. 

If "open" is not the status that new issues take when created, you may want to combine those two queries together as well.

The second query would be "project = CS AND type = Incident AND created > -7d"

James Riley January 10, 2021

Thanks, the "created > -7d" was all i needed to add

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2020

Hi @DEMARCHE Baptiste 

Can I clarify the need here:

• All issues in the CS project
  • Of type Incident
  • Where the status was "Open" at some point between 7 days ago and today

^ To be clear, this will provide any issue which has been in the specific status "Open" within the 7 day period, regardless of its age or current status. It will also provide issues which are still in "Open" now.

The JQL I would use is:

project = CS and issuetype = Incident and status was "Open" DURING (startOfDay(-7),endOfDay())

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events