Get URL of Images & Attachments

Carly Duncan March 5, 2020

Hello! I have been importing data into Power BI from Jira, and one thing I would really like to import is the url of an image or attachment associated to an issue.

I have been searching for information on how image and attachments are stored in Jira Cloud, but have had no luck. I am really hoping that each attachment on an issue (Image, or otherwise) has some URL that I could either build myself (if I knew the format) or pull from the server and then I can insert it into my Power BI file. 

Does anyone know if these files are accessible through a URL? If not, can you tell me where the attachment files are stored so I can look into another way of retrieving them?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Yanet Morales May 29, 2020

I was doing some researches about this. I'm working in an Xporter template but images are not coming out. You can build the url of any attachment like this:

<your_jira_base_ur>/secure/attachment/<attachment_id>/<attachment_file_name>

You need to know the ID of your attachment and the file name, of course. Even that, for me this solution is not working. I'm not able to see the images when I export a file using the Xporter template I created. 

Suggest an answer