Gadget to display a simple number in dashboard

Simon Lucchesini August 27, 2021

Hello,

I'm looking for a gadget add-on to display the one-number result of a two-variables formula.

It would be something very similar to the Filter Based Formula Gadget found in the Great Gadgets add-on (below), but with two filter variables. My final goal is to display the ratio between the numbers of issues returned by two different filters.Capture.PNG

Would you happen to know any such gadget?

3 answers

1 vote
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2023

An Advanced Issue Filter Formula gadget was added some time ago in our Great Gadgets app. With this gadget you can display math formulas results based on up-to 6 filters.

Thank you,

Danut M.

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Simon Lucchesini 

Good one, and I suggested that feature to StonikByte for Great Gadgets last year:
https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/great-gadgets-add-on/issues/79/add-multi-field-math-to-issue-filter

Even better would be if a gadget could display any Jira entity property; then with Automation for Jira (A4J) setting the value, practically anything could be put on a dashboard.

Best regards,
Bill

Thanks, I voted for your suggestion.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Mark de Bont August 27, 2021

Jira Misc Custom Fields is a popular add-on that can perform calculations. Not sure if it covers the dashboard requirements you have.

We actually already have a licence for Jira MCF but Misc Custom Fields are related to issues and the computation I need to make depends on numbers of issues in filters. So yeah, I could use it, but this means that I choose an arbitrary issue, useless beside that, on which I perform the computation in the code (with a condition on the issue key) and in the gadget filter I'd only take the value on this one issue. This is a workaround but it's really not optimized.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events