Gadget is showing closed sprint data

Sangmesh May 9, 2023

Hello,

I am using Two dimensional filter statistics gadget and using the below filter.

project = P003803 AND issuetype in (Story, Task) AND Sprint in (5121, 5191, 5256, 5197, 4949) ORDER BY cf[27101] DESC, status DESC, due ASC, cf[23501] ASC, updated DESC

Screenshot 2023-05-09 213915.png

First 2 sprints are not mentioned in the filter query, still 5 issues are showing up. In total issues, only the issues from 5 sprints mentioned are considered. I am unable to understand this behavior, please help me know if I am missing anything here.

Issues has been moved to next sprint and Sprint 1's are closed, still it is showing in the list.

Thanks,

Sangmesh

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hello @Sangmesh 

When setting a criteria for the Sprint field you are specifying that the sprint field must contain one of the specified values. However, that is not the same as saying the Sprint can contain ONLY those values.

The Sprint field can contain multiple sprint IDs. It will contain the Sprint IDs for ever sprint to which an issue was assigned where the issue was not completed and not removed from the sprint, and for the sprint where the issue was completed.

When an issue is assigned to a sprint but not completed in that sprint, the Sprint value remains in the Sprint field. When that incomplete issue is assigned to another Sprint, the new Sprint is added to the Sprint field, and the old Sprint value also remains. 

Your filter is selecting issues based on the Sprint IDs you provided. But those issues were also in other sprints. By specifying Sprint as the Y axis for the gadget you are getting all the sprints to which the selected issue were assigned, not just the 5 sprints specified in your filter.

Sangmesh May 23, 2023

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

Is there any way I can remove them from the gadget results?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

No, not in that native gadget.

There might be a third party app that would have a similar gadget and give you more flexibility in the configuration. I have never looked for one that could do that, so I don't know if one actually exists.

Suggest an answer