GET WorkLog API for Jira Cloud not returning all records

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

When i run /rest/api/3/worklog/updated it is always returns lastPage = True on the 1st hit.

Ideally it should give all records since we started by going through nextPage URL. Till last week i was getting nextPage populated.

Now 1st time itself i am getting lastPage = True

Please advise how to fix the problem

1 answer

0 votes
Ivica Vančina January 22, 2021

Hi,

You should check:

Permissions required: Permission to access Jira, however, worklogs are only returned where either of the following is true:

• the worklog is set as Viewable by All Users.
  • the user is a member of a project role or group with permission to view the worklog.
Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

I have Project Admin role.

Also, the API is returning about 750 rows only even though multiple entries are getting created on a daily basis

Ivica Vančina January 22, 2021

Well I don't understand because if you wanna get all worklogs then you do this -> /rest/api/3/worklog/list

and if you wanna get only updated worklogs then you do -> /rest/api/3/worklog/updated

Or I am getting you wrong?

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2021

This is exactly what i am doing. Probably Jira admin changed some permissions due to which i am not able to query all worklogs.

Is it possible to check what all permissions are there for my id (by using a API may be) instead of asking Jira admin?

Like Rodolfo So likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events