Freshdesk Jira integration - how to limit access to specific issue types

Eder Corrêa _ Magazord May 19, 2023

Hello!

We perform the integration of Jira with Freshdesk through the plugin Atlassian Jira Plus.

However, when opening a new issue through freshdesk, all types of issues are available, and I need to limit so that only certain types of issues are available, such as: Epic, Bug,...

Is there a way to accomplish this restriction through some configuration in Jira?

Thank you! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2023

Hi @Eder Corrêa _ Magazord and welcome to the Community!

While I have not used the app and am not familiar with the configuration options there, I get from the documentation that you specify a connection from Freshdesk to a specific Jira project.

Building on that starting point, which issue types are available is part of the project configuration in Jira. So, by limiting the set of available issue types in the project you use in Jira to only those you want to create from Freshdesk seems like a potential fix for your use case. If necessary, you could set up a dedicated project in Jira that acts as a sync project to Freshdesk only.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer