Free Test Case management plugin in Jira?

javed_iqbal October 14, 2019

Please give me the link of free test management and test case execution and test planning plugin for Jira Software Server Plugin

7 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2023

@javed_iqbal You might want to try this: https://agiletest.app/
On the Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1230085

It supports full-featured test management for Jira, all testing methods, ad-hoc, agile, sprints etc. But the most important thing is: IT IS COMPLETELY FREE, even for large team! 

Check their demo video, currently using it and it is really simple to use: https://youtu.be/j4MtCgZHPVk?si=i8v8cXHe3hcVpn2l 

Jordy Maes February 16, 2024

For now it's still free, but they plan to release in Q4 2024.

Source:

Like # people like this
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2024

Agreed, I've been using it with my team and it's been great actually. We would proceed to the paid version since I heard there's test automation and AI involved. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi @javed_iqbal 

It would be great but unfortunately there are no free test management add-ons (the ones I know and used). However you can take a look at TM4J. It is a popular add-on for bringing test management capabilities in Jira. Take a look at the pricing to get an idea. You can evaluate it for free though.

Ravi

7 votes
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
June 30, 2020

Hello @javed_iqbal 

One, free tool that we have recently developed and that is not just a connector to a paid tool is QAlity - Test Management for Jira. It's a simple test case management tool (create and manage test cases and cycles) that should suit most users.

Best,
Sebastian

James Gosney March 17, 2021

Could i confirm there are no charges for this. i am after a way of linking to Jira for about 50-100 test cases for a charity 

Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
March 17, 2021

@James Gosney- yes, it's completely free of charge - no hidden costs. There's however a more advanced, paid version if you ever want to upgrade - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223344/qality-plus-test-management-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Like # people like this

Brilliant thanks Sebastian

are there limits on the free version? if so what are they ?

Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
March 17, 2021

@James Gosneythere are no limits other than that the paid version has more features and prioritized support from our team.

Ok I’ll give it a go. Thanks. Assume I can add test cases and execute them ? 

Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
March 17, 2021

Yes, @James Gosney The full list of features is at https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/QS/overview (paid ones are clearly marked) and here's the side-by-side comparison - https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/QS/pages/2444165210/QAlity+vs+QAlity+Plus

James Gosney March 20, 2021

Hi

it doesnt seem to have added the issue type necessary for testing. how can i get it installed. its not in the project config for me to add

James Gosney March 22, 2021

Hi @Sebastian Brudziński i dont seem to have the necessary issue type. how do i get this installed properly

Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2021

Hello @James Gosney - are you by any chance using next-gen projects? In next-gen projects the issue type must be added manually as explained here - https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/QS/pages/1729560586/Quick+start

If you are still having issues after following the instructions, I encourage you to contact our customer support at https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6 with details and screenshots and they will gladly help.

Michael Murillo March 2, 2022

@Sebastian Brudziński 

Is it possible to create a Test Suite in QAlity for regression testing? 
If yes, is there a documentation for it? 

Thank you! 

Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
March 2, 2022

Hi @Michael Murillo ,

Yes of course! You can group the Test Cases in a Test Cycle named Regression. Then you can proceed and execute all Test Cases within the "Regression" Test Cycle.

To make it easier for next Regressions, you can clone your Test Cycle and edit its description and version.

Regression-copytestcycle.gif

You can learn more about Test Cycles in our documentation here. In case of any questions, please feel free to also reach me here. I will be happy to assist.

Like alexandr.petricenco likes this
Michael Murillo March 4, 2022

thanks @Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_ great info!! 

Btw, last question.. is it possible to display the test execution status (PASS/FAIL) in the QAlity Test Management section of the story? I tried to change the "Simple View" to "Detailed View" and there's no status. 

Marketplace Partner
March 9, 2022

Hi, 

Sorry for the late reply. Test Cases can be added multiple times and to multiple Test Cycles. They very often serve as a template for executions to be done in various Test Cycles. Therefore, to view the Test Steps status, it would be for the best to view the Execution History and click to view the most recent Test Execution.

execution history.png

In case of any further questions, I am at your disposal. :)

Like # people like this
Ashish Nayak April 14, 2022

Hi @Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_ 

Are we able to export the test cases in the QAlity Test Management?

Marketplace Partner
April 14, 2022

Hi @Ashish Nayak ,

Export functionality is available only in the paid version of the app - QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira. You can compare the functionalities of both apps here.

1 vote
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
July 31, 2020

Hello @javed_iqbal ,

AIO Tests for Jira is another new tool which doesn't connect to any external tools and is housed inside Jira. It doesn't make use of Jira issue types either for test cases, executions, etc. 

Regards,

AIO Tests Team

Lenka Lenka Bubniaková June 1, 2021

AIO is free until today...

Like Abigail Kunkle likes this
ankurnaag October 5, 2021

it seems to be a paid tool :)

Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
October 5, 2021

Hi @ankurnaag 

This thread is an year old. AIO Tests went paid in 1st week of July, 2021. Until then it was free.

Even now, it is very modestly priced. Do check out the feature set. We will be glad to give you a demo of the app. Please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,
Noopur

0 votes
Anupam Bhattacharjee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

I am also looking for the same. Please let me know the available one.

0 votes
Shawn Jaques February 9, 2023

Tricentis Test Management for Jira is a great new option. Free for under 10 users and averages about $1/user/mo if you have more. You can manage test plans, test cases, and reports in Jira. It works for manual testing and you can use the API to integrate your automated tests. 

It's built by Tricentis, a Gartner and Forrester leader in software testing. 

*Full disclosure, I work there. I'm also happy to answer any questions about it. 

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Here is the link to all test case plugins for jira server that are free: - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&moreFilters=free&product=jira&query=test%20case

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2019

Most of these link to other test management tools I think and more of a connector.

Suggest an answer