Found out that our site was deleted since November 2020. Wonder if there is anyway to recover?

Singh Brothers February 2, 2021

Hi there, We have been caught up with expected circumstances over last few months and finally got a chance to pick up on where we left. So I logged back in only to find out that our site was deleted since November 2020 due to inactivity of few months. I never got any alerts or notifications about it's expiry.

I wonder if there is anyway to recover anything at all? I mean I understand it was free site but really that was only to get us started and we ideally wanted to subscribe. But this setback was the last thing we were expecting. So any help in this regard is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

Hello @Singh Brothers,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your previous site, I can see that it was already deleted and due to that, it’s not possible to recover its data. 

For more details about how long a backup of your site is available, please check the documentation below:

Following this deactivation period (15 days for evaluation licenses and 60 days for Free, Standard, and Premium product plans after the end of your subscription period), your product data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.

Regarding the notifications, it was sent to the billing contacts/site admins:

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 16.40.34.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Singh Brothers February 7, 2021

We never knew that the free account has any deactivation period. That's surely not how I remember Jira to work years of using it. Not sure why that was changed, when that was changed? This was not expected in the first case from our end at least. About the alerts been sent out, not sure why but the emails were being delivered in Junk mail. May be because it was a new account both in Jira and Gmail (that we were using). But, I wonder if it was 60 days for a free account, then we did contact first within that period so not sure why request was denied.

I am sure servers must have a backup process in case of any system server issues. Like what if I lose my data due to some server issue would they not be able to retrieve it from backups? I know you are telling me that data is deleted but I mean I really like to believe we are in better days of cloud technology and there by can still expect a solution after a catastrophe like this.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

Cloud Free sites that are inactive will be deleted after 120 days. Inactive, in this case, means that no user accessed the site for more than 120 days.

I am sure servers must have a backup process in case of any system server issues. Like what if I lose my data due to some server issue would they not be able to retrieve it from backups?

Yes, backups are generated every day and retained for 30 days in case of a disaster. So if the site is active and you contact us right after something happens or at least during the 30 days that the data still exists on our server, we can recover your site.

Like Roberto Amorim likes this
0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@Singh Brothers 

Click here then submit a ticket to Atlassian.

Best of luck!

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events