Force comment on transition of workflow

André Morgado May 3, 2023

I want to force a comment, everytime, someone changes the state of a issue. 

example: In progress -> Blocked
Then I want the user to add a comment, so he explains why the transition happend.

According to my research, it should be done in the workflow by clicking on the transition arrow. However, I cannot add any Validators there, as several people recommended. I can just add rules or do something with the properties (I need Key for that, looks kind of like a programming language).

Could this be an admin problem? I think I don't have all rights (yet). Do I need Validators or can i somehow do it with rules?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @André Morgado and welcome to the community,

Most likely you are working on a team managed project (look on the bottom left of your screen), in which you can't have validators like classic company managed projects. So if you see an image like below:

rule tmp.png

Unfortunately you can't add such a validator.

You have to create a company managed project, set it up, add your validator and then move all your issues from your TMP project to your new CMP project.

André Morgado May 3, 2023

Indeed. I am working on a team based Project.
aaah, that is a Pity... Thank you very much for your super fast answer!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events