Force Close without workflow

Ankit Jain August 24, 2022

Hi,

I am using Jira Software

We have few tickets from last years and they are still in ToDO, In Progress and not yet closed, maybe their assignee are no longer with firm or any other reason.

Now I can manually close them by following workflow but for this I have to give comments in Resolution, is their any way I can Force close them? like with some Automated message 

Example

[Auto Message]

Closed by system automatically after 1 year

How can I achieve this?any way like I can supply the ticket keys(KP-1, KP-2, KP-3 etc) which I want to be closed as this way

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Ankit Jain ,

Go to main menu --> Issues --> Search for Issues --> Key in the required JQL
Example: Project = XYZ and Status != DONE

On the right side of the screen, click on Tools --> Bulk Change --> You can select upto first 1000 tickets 
Click Next --> Click Transition Issue --> Next and Select the required status and Click Next again
Uncheck box "Send mail for this update" ( if you don't want users to be notified)--> click Next and then Confirm

More details about Bilk edit is in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-939938937.html 

Ankit Jain August 24, 2022

Thanks,it works perfect.
I used like manually supply key = KP-61

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@Ankit Jain  

If there is multiple tickets, you can use key in ('Kp-1', 'Kp-2', 'KP-3')

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer