For the users added to the project, the email is missing

Deleted user May 17, 2021

I am using a team-managed project, using a Scum template. When I add a user, even searching by user name or email, the user is found correctly but when I click on add button, the user is added to the project but the email account field is empty. The users are already created and they have been accessing other (old ) projects without any problem. With this field empty, I confirmed that they are not receiving notifications to join the projectl, when they are assigned to issues, and so on. thanks in advance

1 answer

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hello @[deleted],

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The email address will show on the project only if the user allows it on their profile.

On https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility, users can select if they want their email address to be visible to anyone or only them and admins.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 17.18.08.png

The option “Only you and admins” allows the admins to view the email address on User management only. 

The email not being visible on the project is not related to the notifications, it’s just a privacy option.

Note that, users receive notifications when they are invited to the site, they don’t receive notifications if they are added to a project.

So, in case the user is not receiving notifications when the issue is assigned, notification of comments, when the status is changed, then it’s not related to that.

Are the user received notifications of other projects? 

Are they able to access the project you add them and access the tickets they are assigned to?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Azri November 29, 2023

Hi @Angélica Luz 

I'm newly Atlassian user here. ^__^

Seems this is old discussion but currently I'm have some inquiry related with this.

Just want to ask, can system admin set say all must display email address?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events