Fix to @Mention - Account ID Showing in Emails and Comments instead of Full Name

Deborah Genevro December 1, 2021

Can anyone please help me with the following?

Problem:  Every email notification sent from being mentioned in comments shows the Atlassian Account ID instead of the Atlassian user name.

Background:  Since 2019 when Atlassian changed to one Atlassian account across all products.  We experienced a significant problem.  In JIRA cloud when someone is Mentioned in a comment, the Atlassian account ID showed instead of the user's name.  This was resolved in JIRA comments.

Example:

JIRA Mention Email 2021-12-01.png

Steps taken to resolve:

I contacted support and as I understand it:

JIRA now allows users the option to prevent their Email Address or Full Name from being visible.

However, It appears that this change caused our individual profile configuration that no other user can view their profile info specifically email address.

I was told that to fix this each user needed to:

Go to: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

Under Contact, Who can see your email address make sure it says "Anyone".

Make sure that your Full Name is showing in that field (not your email address).

------

Atlassian Documentation - Update your profile and visibility settings

That is likely what’s preventing your users from displaying their profile details properly. I hope that helps, Deborah!

Best Regards,

Justin V.
Atlassian Cloud Team

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Can you clarify in what way you need help? The instructions provided by Atlassian seem pretty clear. Each user needs to update their profile.

@Trudy Claspill - after updating per Atlassian instructions - which are very clear - agreed.

All our emails show the id and not the user name just for notifications sent for mentions in comments.  I attached a screen shot of what that looks like in the body.

Thanks for reaching out.  This has been a 2 year annoyance. :-)

@Trudy Claspill - our emails are currently configured for Rich Text - if that is important

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Did you relay to Atlassian Support the information about the corrections not applying to emails with mentions in Comments?

@Trudy Claspill - Not yet.  I thought I'd try and tap into the community knowledge base first.  I will submit another support ticket.

Thanks for your interest.

Tony October 12, 2023

Did this ever get resolved?

강용
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2024

I also have issued same the problem you posted.

Please share if someone resolved this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events