Finding issues that have an epic but the fixVersion on the epic is not set

Joe Harmon April 4, 2023

I need to be able to find issues that have the fixVersion set to a version of "OS 3.4.0" and that also have an Epic but the Epic is not set to fixVersion "OS 3.4.0".  I tried the following but it didn't seem to work.

or fixVersion in ("OS 3.4.0") and type not in (Epic, Sub-task) and "Epic Link" is not EMPTY and issue in issuesParents("fixVersion not in ('OS 3.4.0')")

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Harmon April 4, 2023

I figured out a way to do it.  I also have structure and I am doing this as a query in structure.  So I used this query to find all of the epics that had issues that were scheduled for a specific release but the epic was not scheduled for that same release or was empty.  Then I used the expand feature to expand the stories under the epics.  Then I used the filter feature in structure to filter to only OS 3.4.0.  You would have to have structure and scriptrunner to do this.

issueFunction in EpicsOf("fixVersion = 'OS 3.4.0'") and type = epic and (fixVersion != "OS 3.4.0" or fixVersion is EMPTY )

Filter issues: fixVersion in ("OS 3.4.0")

0 votes
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

Hi Joe,

as you cannot achieve the desired search using standard Jira JQL I assume you are using a third party app, ie Scriptrunner?

If you are using Scriptrunner following JQL should work:

issueFunction in parentsOf ("fixVersion != <fixversion>")
Joe Harmon April 4, 2023

I do have scriptrunner.  I am trying to find all issues that have an epic link and the issue itself has a version set but the epic is not set to the same version.  Yusing your example, I tried this but it didn't work.

fixVersion in ("OS 3.4.0") and "Epic Link" is not EMPTY and issueFunction in parentsOf ("fixVersion != 'OS 3.4.0'")

Suggest an answer