Finding Similar Issues with same Field Values and Link to newly created issues autoamtic

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi Team,

I have a Field in project Called "Host IP" and "Mac Address" these are text Field type custom Fields.

Here If the Value in those Fields matches with other issues those issues has to link to the present created issues automatically.

example: 

1) I created a issue and i gave the value in those two fields and I created

"Host IP : 10.1.4.88" 

"Mac Address : SB1024860"

if these value matches to previously  issues or closed issue or in progress  issues it has to Link automatically in the Present issue.

2) Now when We look into this post on the right hand side we have seen a "Related Content" right it's showing some retlated content same like that.

I have seen an add-on its its finds the similar issues depend up on value

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212538/similar-issues-finder?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23337/nfeed-external-data-in-custom-fields?hosting=server&tab=overview

can you please suggest me is there any way to do with groovy script by creating a script filed  

Thanks,

Kumar. 

1 answer

0 votes
Tomasz Bryła January 6, 2019

Hi Kumar,

The best way to do this is write script listener with Script Runner or My Groovy addon. You just need get value of this fields and put them in jql query. Next you can link issue with issues you find with help this query. Here are some helpfull links

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/misc/running-a-jql-query.html

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.12.0/index.html?overview-summary.html

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Bryła  Thanks For your response

Here I created a

Script Field > Issue Picker 

In that I gave a name for the Field and added Query like :

" project = "XYZ" AND assignee = currentUser() "  

and I added that Script Field to my screens The Result is it will Show the Issues that i have assigneed only 

If I open another issue which i'm not assigned for the issue still it will show my issues which i have assigned in that Script field

It is working like whoever login to jira only that particular  user assigned issues will display in that field.

But here i need the Jql  Filter query  that have mapp the Custom Filed values

any suggestions please

Thanks,

Kumar

Tomasz Bryła January 17, 2019

Hi @Kumar

Sorry for delay. Here is a code which linked issues with same fields value.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchProvider
import com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.JqlQueryParser
import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.PagerFilter
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
//def currentIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject("TEST-11")
def currentIssue = event.getIssue()
def linkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()
def cfm = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def jqlParser = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(JqlQueryParser)
def searchProvider = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchProvider)
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def ipVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("IP"))
def macVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("MAC"))

def jql = jqlParser.parseQuery("ip = ${ipval} and mac = ${macVal}")

def results = searchProvider.search(jql, user, PagerFilter.getunlimitedFilter())

results.getIssues().each {documentIssue ->

queryIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject(documentIssue.id)
if(queryIssue != null) {
linkManager.createIssueLink(currentIssue, queryIssue, 10003, 1, user )

}
}

Like Chase Brown likes this
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Bryła Thanks for your response 

Can you please tell me Where and how exactly i can use this script

Thanks,

Kumar

@Kumarin Scrip Listeners. Use issue created event.

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

HI @Tomasz Bryła I have tested this script in Script Console Here are the Logs it provided

Here I did not understand the How the script will work if i use the "Script Listener"???

Logs:

2019-01-17 21:34:10,129 WARN [common.UserScriptEndpoint]: Script console script failed: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script1347.groovy: 6: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.issue.link @ line 6, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link ^ 1 error

Here I have modified the script 

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link

//def currentIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject("SI-2644")
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def uidVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("UID"))
def hostVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Host"))

def jql = jqlParser.parseQuery("UID = ${uidval} and Host = ${hostVal}")

def results = searchProvider.search(jql, user, PagerFilter.getunlimitedFilter())

if(queryIssue != null) {
linkManager.createIssueLink(currentIssue, queryIssue, 10003, 1, user )

}
}

Can you please take a look  and can you please suggest me how exactly i have to perform this script

Thanks,

Kumar 

In console you must comment

And uncomment

//def currentIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject("SI-2644")
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Bryła Thanks for your response

Here is the screen short that I Have tried in Script Console

script error.PNG

Can you please explain me how exactly if add this script to script Listener 

Where can i find the similar issues if it is matched the values

Thanks,

Kumar 

Sorry @Kumar I gave you a wrong code with some issues, this is fine.

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user. ApplicationUser
def currentIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject("TEST-11")
//def currentIssue = event.getIssue()
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser() as ApplicationUser
def queryIssue
def ipVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("IP"))
def macVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("MAC"))

def jql = jqlParser.parseQuery("ip = ${ipVal} and mac = ${macVal}")

def results = searchProvider.search(jql, user, PagerFilter.getUnlimitedFilter())

if(queryIssue != null) {
        linkManager.createIssueLink(currentIssue.Id, queryIssue.Id, 10003, 1, user )

}
}
Like Juliane Jacobsen likes this
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Bryła Thanks for your Script the script does not have any errors

Here I'm wondering were i can see the Similar issues on issue view screen 

can you please explain more about please

Thanks,

Kumar

This script will link issues with same field value to your new issue. Add this script as listener and use Issue Created Event

obraz.png

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Bryła thanks for your response

Here are the logs that have generated i created a issue with the field value 

Logs:

2019-01-17 22:45:53,065 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: *************************************************************************************
2019-01-17 22:45:53,065 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent, file: <inline script>
com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.JqlParseException: com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.RuntimeRecognitionException
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.DefaultJqlQueryParser.parseClause(DefaultJqlQueryParser.java:96)
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.DefaultJqlQueryParser.parseQuery(DefaultJqlQueryParser.java:32)
 at Script1382.run(Script1382.groovy:20)
Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.RuntimeRecognitionException
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.JqlLexer.checkAndSet(JqlLexer.java:100)
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.JqlLexer.mSTRING(JqlLexer.java:1676)
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.JqlLexer.mTokens(JqlLexer.java:2656)
 at org.antlr.runtime.Lexer.nextToken(Lexer.java:85)
 at org.antlr.runtime.BufferedTokenStream.fetch(BufferedTokenStream.java:143)
 at org.antlr.runtime.BufferedTokenStream.sync(BufferedTokenStream.java:137)
 at org.antlr.runtime.CommonTokenStream.setup(CommonTokenStream.java:137)
 at org.antlr.runtime.CommonTokenStream.LT(CommonTokenStream.java:94)
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.antlr.JqlParser.query(JqlParser.java:217)
 at com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.DefaultJqlQueryParser.parseClause(DefaultJqlQueryParser.java:89)
 ... 2 more

those values i gave to some previous issues but after creating an issue on View screen i have not seen any similar issues 

Thanks,

Kumar

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

Hi @Tomasz Bryła  I have resolved this task  so I need an small help in my script

the result of my script

When the Value is given in the "Text Field" so it will mapp that value with old issues and it will give a result in a another "Text Field" like ( 2 Times [issue keys] ) like this it will display the result

here in my script if I add to display issue keys for those issue keys i have an "Hyperlink"

if i call the instead of issue key if call the related issue Summary its showing the result just like text so i need to add the Hyper link to Summary as well 

can you please suggest me how to do this 

Thanks,

Kumar 

Juliane Jacobsen March 14, 2019

@Tomasz Bryła when we try this script, the current issue links to itself. Do you know why this is, and how to avoid it?

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Hi @Juliane Jacobsen  is the above script is worked for you if it is can you please tel me what are the changes you have made and how its works for you 

thats helps me 

Thanks,

Kumar

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2019

@Juliane Jacobsen and @Kumar Thanks for the info so far. I'm trying to run this and get the folowing error, can you please advise me on this?

My getCustomFieldValue looks like this:

def ipVal = currentIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Serial Number"))

Thank you!

2019-11-15 12:49:36,620 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: *************************************************************************************
2019-11-15 12:49:36,622 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent, file: <inline script>
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getCustomFieldValue() on null object
 at Script2.run(Script2.groovy:17)

Suggest an answer