Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Find open sprints that don't appear in any project

I'm trying to hunt down some sprints that are appearing in the dropdown list as active, but I can't find them in any project. 2/3 sprints in question have no issues assigned. One sprint has issues assigned, and they're all resolved, but I still can't find the actual sprint in any project to close it. Both the board and the backlog for that project show no active sprints. I have administrator access so that shouldn't be the issue. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Sprints belong to Board from where they were created. However, they also could be available on any other Boards through issues (Issue associated with Sprint -> Board Filter for retrieve that Issue -> Sprint displayed on Board).

The easiest way to get those Sprints - create dummy issue and associate it with that Sprint (select in dropdown), then create Board where this dummy issue would be displayed (even by creation filter with key, i.e. "key = <your dummy Issue>"), so that Sprints through your Issue would be displayed on that board. If you have administration rights, you could Close that Sprint from that Board... or you could delete it.

Other way to find parent Board is to look in Database (Rapid_View_Id field in <JIRA Schema>.<some instance number>_SPRINT table). Then you could open that Board by replacing Board ID in URL.

Creating the dummy board was the piece I was missing - worked perfectly, thank you so much!!

Like Dmitry Elsakov likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

152 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you