Find Issues with Web Links

slarkin January 25, 2021

Finding issues that have links to other issues is not what I'm asking. 

I need help figuring out how to find all standard issues that have links to sites external to Jira.

With JQL, I tried using issueLink and issueLinkType, but these are not what I need. issuesWithRemoteLinksByGlobalId() does not work because it requires a global ID. I want to see all issues that have at least one web link.  

Since it is possible to add a web link to an issue, the information has to be stored somewhere in Jira's database! 

Thank you. 

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi Slarkin,

I can confirm that unfornatetly that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does provide the same linkedIssuesOfRemote() JQL function that the server version has and this means that with ScriptRunenr for Jira Cloud then it is ot possible to search for issues with external links.

I can confirm that you can see full details of all the differences between the cloud and server versions of ScriptRunner inside of the documentation page located here.

I can however confirm that we have a feature request to add this function in our public backlog located here and I would ask you to vote on this if it is something that you think would be useful to your organisation.

Regards,

kristian

slarkin January 28, 2021

Thanks, Kristian.

I looked at the feature requests in the public backlog. There are several very old ones for the same thing that have never been addressed. Is this something that Atlassian is even going to consider adding? 

Correction: I was looking in the Atlassian backlog.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi Slarkin,

I cannot say if Atlassian will address them and this is something that our product owner may consider adding to ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud in future if users vote on this request but we cannot guarantee if we will ever add any features suggested in the backlog.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Unfortunately , with JQL you can't achieve this. You have two ways to achieve this.

1- With third party plugin

As suggested by others , you can use Script Runner or  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports.

Here are the examples of  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports,

Find issues with a remote link title

remoteLinkTitle="My Page"

Find issues with more than 1 remote links:

remoteLinksCount > 1

Find issues which link to confluence:

remoteLinkApplicationName="Confluence"

Reference:  https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud

2- Without Plugin(Use Rest API)

This is not the best solution but just providing as reference, may be you can use in your scripts and can get the required results.

Provide your issue key and it will get all remote links related to issue key. 

https://yourinstancename.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/SS-17/remotelink
slarkin May 18, 2022

Well, that's great, but requires some programming expertise that not all Jira Software users have, and means they will have to create reports or execute queries in a different tool than Jira.

I was hoping that Atlassian would expose remotelinks data through JQL because it's relatively easy to use. We can use ScriptRunner, and at this point, that seems to be our best solution. 

Thank you, very much for your help. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

Hello @slarkin 

Welcome to the community.

I don't think there is a function built into JIRA Cloud to enable you to do this type of search. You could do it with the Adaptavist ScriptRunner app, though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events