• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Find Issues with Web Links

slarkin I'm New Here Jan 25, 2021

Finding issues that have links to other issues is not what I'm asking. 

I need help figuring out how to find all standard issues that have links to sites external to Jira.

With JQL, I tried using issueLink and issueLinkType, but these are not what I need. issuesWithRemoteLinksByGlobalId() does not work because it requires a global ID. I want to see all issues that have at least one web link.  

Since it is possible to add a web link to an issue, the information has to be stored somewhere in Jira's database! 

Thank you. 

3 answers

Hi Slarkin,

I can confirm that unfornatetly that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does provide the same linkedIssuesOfRemote() JQL function that the server version has and this means that with ScriptRunenr for Jira Cloud then it is ot possible to search for issues with external links.

I can confirm that you can see full details of all the differences between the cloud and server versions of ScriptRunner inside of the documentation page located here.

I can however confirm that we have a feature request to add this function in our public backlog located here and I would ask you to vote on this if it is something that you think would be useful to your organisation.

Regards,

kristian

Thanks, Kristian.

I looked at the feature requests in the public backlog. There are several very old ones for the same thing that have never been addressed. Is this something that Atlassian is even going to consider adding? 

Correction: I was looking in the Atlassian backlog.

Hi Slarkin,

I cannot say if Atlassian will address them and this is something that our product owner may consider adding to ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud in future if users vote on this request but we cannot guarantee if we will ever add any features suggested in the backlog.

Regards,

Kristian

Hello @slarkin 

Welcome to the community.

I don't think there is a function built into JIRA Cloud to enable you to do this type of search. You could do it with the Adaptavist ScriptRunner app, though.

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Unfortunately , with JQL you can't achieve this. You have two ways to achieve this.

1- With third party plugin

As suggested by others , you can use Script Runner or  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports.

Here are the examples of  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports,

Find issues with a remote link title

remoteLinkTitle="My Page"

Find issues with more than 1 remote links:

remoteLinksCount > 1

Find issues which link to confluence:

remoteLinkApplicationName="Confluence"

Reference:  https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud

2- Without Plugin(Use Rest API)

This is not the best solution but just providing as reference, may be you can use in your scripts and can get the required results.

Provide your issue key and it will get all remote links related to issue key. 

https://yourinstancename.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/SS-17/remotelink

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

637 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you