Filters - Advance issue search - JQL

Shabbir Hassan December 13, 2021

I was wondering if anyone had a piece of JQL which can help me with the following. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Tickets carried forward into month

A piece of JQL I can add which will show me Jira tickets which were created before the first of the month but were closed and open on or after the first of the month . So for example tickets which were created before the 1st of November but were closed and still open on or after the 1st of November.

Outstanding tickets

A piece of JQL which will show all tickets which were open for a specific date. For example if I'm on the 13th of December and I wanted to know outstanding tickets for the 1st of December. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hello @Shabbir Hassan 

Welcome to the community.

For tickets that carried forward into the month:

There is not a built in time stamp for the Closed Date for issues, but there is one for the Resolution Date, which is often the same thing. You could use this filter

createdDate < startOfMonth() and (resolutiondate is empty or resolutiondate >= startOfMonth()) order by created DESC
Shabbir Hassan December 13, 2021

@Trudy Claspill many thanks, that's my carried forward filters sorted :) 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

For your second filter the filter would be

createdDate =< "2021-12-01" AND resolved >= "2021-12-01"
Like Shabbir Hassan likes this
Shabbir Hassan December 14, 2021

Many thanks @Trudy Claspill for your help. I managed to find this one too which works well for me.

created < 2021-12-01 AND (resolution = Unresolved OR resolved >= 2021-12-01)

Suggest an answer