Filtering issues in Kanban Board under each column

Shine Vidyadharan June 22, 2022

Hi, We would like to create a Kanban Board for a support team which will be working on support tickets. In the board, in each column, we would need to filter the tickets based on some filter conditions, in addition to the ticket status, which is currently supported. However, I don’t see any option to add additional filter conditions. Is there anyway to meet this requirement?

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Out of the box there isn’t a solution that would allow you to filter individual columns only the entire board. With that said, if you happen to be using a CMP project with a fully featured board allowing for definition of quick filters here is a possible solution. 

create quick filters for each column. For example let’s say you have three columns: To Do , In Progress and Done, and you wish to filter on a label (xxxx). In this case you could create three quick filters:

• status = “to do” and labels = xxxx
  • status = “in progress” and labels = xxxx
  • status = “done” and labels = xxxx

Unsure if this is viable in meeting your goals. 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi Shine,

What type of project are you using? Company-managed? Team-managed? Jira Work Management? 

You should be able to add Quick Filters to the board to do that. Go to Board Settings > Quick Filters. 

Shine Vidyadharan June 22, 2022

Thanks John. I am aware of the quick filters and I have been using in Scrum boards, But here my requirement is to restrict the issues in the Kanban board itself (in the master board columns).

Regards,

Shine

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

You would need to update your board filter to not show issues that are in the statuses mapped to those columns.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events