Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Filtering issues in Kanban Board under each column

Hi, We would like to create a Kanban Board for a support team which will be working on support tickets. In the board, in each column, we would need to filter the tickets based on some filter conditions, in addition to the ticket status, which is currently supported. However, I don’t see any option to add additional filter conditions. Is there anyway to meet this requirement?

2 answers

1 vote
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 22, 2022

Hi Shine,

What type of project are you using? Company-managed? Team-managed? Jira Work Management? 

You should be able to add Quick Filters to the board to do that. Go to Board Settings > Quick Filters. 

Thanks John. I am aware of the quick filters and I have been using in Scrum boards, But here my requirement is to restrict the issues in the Kanban board itself (in the master board columns).

Regards,

Shine

John M Funk Community Leader Jun 22, 2022

You would need to update your board filter to not show issues that are in the statuses mapped to those columns.

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 22, 2022

Out of the box there isn’t a solution that would allow you to filter individual columns only the entire board. With that said, if you happen to be using a CMP project with a fully featured board allowing for definition of quick filters here is a possible solution. 

create quick filters for each column. For example let’s say you have three columns: To Do , In Progress and Done, and you wish to filter on a label (xxxx). In this case you could create three quick filters:

• status = “to do” and labels = xxxx
  • status = “in progress” and labels = xxxx
  • status = “done” and labels = xxxx

Unsure if this is viable in meeting your goals. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,877 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you