Filter to find when a summary was moved into a given status.

Roger Hancock September 28, 2020

Looking for a way to find when a summary, the date, was moved into a given status?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

Hi @Roger Hancock ,

If you want status transition dates of a bunch of issues as an excel-like report, you can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time spent in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try. Hope it helps.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2020

hello @Roger Hancock 

Tap on the "history" button after opening the issue, and you'll get all the changelog. Including the date when a status has changed.

I hope it helps.

2020-10-06_10-48-58.jpg

1 vote
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

JQL supports finding when a status has changed:

STATUS changed FROM Open TO "In Progress" ON 2020-09-21

Data and summary do not Move to given status.  

Once you have the set of issues from the JQL you can use column to select summary and date.

Could you show me an example of the search string I would use to get the data?

robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

You could literally put the exact string above.  You may want to include a project as well.  So go to Jira -> Issues.  Click Advanced for putting in a direct JQL and type something like this:

Project = ABC and STATUS changed FROM Open TO "In Progress" 

To get every issue in ABC that has ever changed from open to in progress.

Thanks. That helps me get the related items that meet the criteria. Is there a way to now show the date it moved From Status "A" to "B" even if the current status has moved on from status "B"? I can see the "Updated" date but that doesn't necessarily give me the date it was moved to status "B".

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

the only way (OOTB) to know the date when a transition occurred is to view the History or Transition tab in the view issue. You cannot construct a JQL that will return the date as a column in the resulting list.

OK. Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer