Filter stopped working today

Hello,

I have a board with a JQL filter that includes the following condition:

... AND (resolved = EMPTY OR resolved >= -7d) ...

The goal is to hide any resolved item after 7 days of its resolution, while still showing any unresolved issues.

This filter was working fine for the last 6 months, and all of a sudden today it is no longer showing unresolved items. I tried removing the "resolved >= -7d" and I can get the unresolved issues. Also, if I remove the "resolved = EMPTY" part, I still get the recently resolved issues. However, when both parts are in there, it's like the condition for unresolved issues is ignored.

Has anything changed in the way filters are processed? this is an OR clause, so it should return records matching any of the conditions.

Again, this was working perfectly until today. Nothing has changed on our side, I just got to the office to an empty board today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan Santander

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Aug 03, 2017

May you try this slightly different JQL?:

... AND (resolution is EMPTY OR resolved >= -7d) ...

Thank you, that workaround worked!

Awesome! Would you mind accepting my answer?

Thanks!

0 vote

Can do a full reindexing in JIRA and check again?

Thanks for your answer.

I can't find the reindex button, it's supposed to be under "Configuration, System, Advanced" but it does not show up in there:

Capture.JPG

I'm using Jira cloud with an Admin account.

Ah ok. If you are on JIRA Cloud, you will have to reach out to Atlassian support for help.

Thanks, I created a ticket with them as well.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,711 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you