Filter stopped working today

Juan Santander August 3, 2017

Hello,

I have a board with a JQL filter that includes the following condition:

... AND (resolved = EMPTY OR resolved >= -7d) ...

The goal is to hide any resolved item after 7 days of its resolution, while still showing any unresolved issues.

This filter was working fine for the last 6 months, and all of a sudden today it is no longer showing unresolved items. I tried removing the "resolved >= -7d" and I can get the unresolved issues. Also, if I remove the "resolved = EMPTY" part, I still get the recently resolved issues. However, when both parts are in there, it's like the condition for unresolved issues is ignored.

Has anything changed in the way filters are processed? this is an OR clause, so it should return records matching any of the conditions.

Again, this was working perfectly until today. Nothing has changed on our side, I just got to the office to an empty board today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan Santander

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

May you try this slightly different JQL?:

... AND (resolution is EMPTY OR resolved >= -7d) ...

Thank you, that workaround worked!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Awesome! Would you mind accepting my answer?

Sure!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2017

Thanks!

0 votes

Thanks for your answer.

I can't find the reindex button, it's supposed to be under "Configuration, System, Advanced" but it does not show up in there:

Capture.JPG

I'm using Jira cloud with an Admin account.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2017

Ah ok. If you are on JIRA Cloud, you will have to reach out to Atlassian support for help.

Thanks, I created a ticket with them as well.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2017

Can do a full reindexing in JIRA and check again?

Suggest an answer