Filter showing more results than expected

Ivan July 20, 2021

I have a fairly simple setup in one project. There is a custom field (multiple choices) to select the board:

• Art
  • Coding
  • QA

And then in each board I filter by this field so in the Backlog the team only see the issues related to their team and not all the issues.

The filter seems to work fine but I see some issues in the baclog that shouldn't be there. For example in the Coding board this is the filter:

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY AND "Board[Select List (multiple choices)]" = Coding

But in the backlog I see this:

ZEfmAyu

This also includes tickets without any board assigned:

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

You might have to consider using parenthesis in your query;

Your current query will return issues from the "Coding" board that have no fix version set as well as ANY other issues that have fix versions which are unreleased.

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY AND "Board[Select List (multiple choices)]" = Coding

If you insert parenthesis as following;

(fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND "Board[Select List (multiple choices)]" = Coding

The query will return issues that have an unreleased fix version OR an empty fix version which belong only to the "Coding" board.

Ivan July 21, 2021

Thanks! I feel a bit stupid now :D

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events