Filter one field based on items selected in another field

tyrone kimble March 29, 2023

I have two drop down fields: 

Field one contains names (27 names)

File two contains cities (900 plus cities)

Each name in the name field is associated with a specified city or cities in the city field.

Is there a way using Jira smart values to select a name from the name field and only have the city field display list of cities associated with the Name field without having to hard code all this data?

Thanks much in advance...

1 answer

1 vote
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @tyrone kimble

Have you tried using a different kind of field, like the Select List (Cascading),  that field allows you to have options based on an already selected options, nested:

image.png

Another possible solution would be using Behaviors option in Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud, here is the documentation: https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/behaviours/example-behaviour

Hopefully this information can guide you to accomplish what you want to achieve.

Regards,
David

tyrone kimble March 30, 2023

Thanks to all for reviewing and responding.  Actually solved this challenge by using Smart Value Issue Field configurations, particular If, Then, Else logic.

When a City name is entered into the city field that is assigned to a specific Area Complaint Manager, the cities assigned Area Complaint Managers location information will auto populate into the targeted Screen Tab based on the If, The, Else logic embedded in the Issue Field configuration.  Works perfectly.

Much appreciated...

Steve Miller June 30, 2023

@tyrone kimble I'm not super familiar with Smart Value Issue Field configurations. Can you post an example of the If, Then, Else logic you used? I have a similar issue, but I need to go three levels instead of just two. The cascading field doesn't support 3 levels, so I'm interested in using a combination of a cascading field that pre-filters a multi-select.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events