Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Filter measures with subtask name and version

Edited

Hi,

I am pretty new to eazyBi. 

I wanted to filter all subtasks with a particular version and subtask name  includes "XYZ". How can i do this in eazyBi dashboards? 

I have defined a new calculated measure with issue type as subtask and version.

How can i include the subtask name contains "XYZ" also into this measure or maybe create a new measure ?

Please find the attached screen short 

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-17 at 1.02.49 AM.png

Thanks,

Alokh R

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @alokh ram,

​If you need to filter out issues based on a loose condition with several possible members, a tuple will not work.
​In that case, you need to process the set of filtered issues.

​The code fragment for filtering the set might be as follows.

Filter(
--generate set of issues
DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]), --filtering conditions ([Measures].[Issues created], [Issue type].[Sub-task], [Fix version].[<path to specific version>]) >0 AND [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Name matches ".*XYZ.*" )

​You might then process the filtered set by counting members, summing, or averaging necessary measures.

​Regards,
​Oskars / support@eazyBI.com

@Oskars Laganovskis Thank you for the response.

Can i create a single calculated measure under user defined measures option and include these code and it will work ? But in this case i am getting an error.

Please find the below screenshot what i have created and it works fine now.

In this case i have created 2 separate calculated member one for filtering fix version and issue type as sub task, and another for filtering the specific string.

Please let me know your thoughts 

InkedCapture88.jpg

@alokh ram 

Since the ultimate application of the issue filter was not disclosed, ​the provided code fragment only filters the set of issues for further processing.

​If you try using it right away as a measure - it will throw an error as the expression returns a set of issues, not a measure.

To count the number of filtered issues, you might create a calculated measure in the Measures dimension with the following expression.

Count(<expression for the set of issues>)

​If you want to sum a measure related to these issues, for example, hours spent - the expression might be as follows.

​Sum(<expression for the set of issues>,
    [Measures].[Hours spent])​

There are countless options for further processing of the filtered set.

The best option for you depends on the report's context and your further plans for analysis.

​Regards,
​Oskars / eazyBI support

Like alokh ram likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Awaiting support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,782 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you