Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Filter for comments on closed tickets

We need a filter to show comments on closed tickets. This would be comments from external customers who find old email notifications and email in with additional questions. 

2 answers

Hi Dan,

I have the exact same scenario.  Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy, we did not use anything from the market place. Instead our admin was able to create a notification that is sent to our team when a email comes in on a closed ticket. 

Like Andy likes this

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing.  I did something similar as it happens and used the MS Teams webhook to post a comment to a Teams channel.

Andy

Hello @Dan Rushing 

Welcome to the community.

You mentioned comments from external customers. Are you working with a Jira Service Management project or a Jira Software project? 

What exactly do you mean by "filter to show comments"? The output of the search filters is a list of issues, and in the UI at least the output doesn't include showing the comments on the issues.

Are you first trying to identify the issues where customers have added comments after an issue has been closed?

What problem are you trying to solve by getting this info? What are you needing to do with the information?

Hi @Trudy Claspill , thanks for the reply. 

I am working with Jira Service Management. 

Yes, we are trying to identify issues where one of our external customers has sent a email (comment) on a closed ticket. 

I was hoping I could find a way with JQL to find comments from a external customer, on a closed ticket. Then, setup a subscription when one is identified. 

Thanks, 

Dan

It doesn't appear that Jira Server natively supports a JQL keyword for distinguishing between customer comments and comments by non-customers, nor internal-only vs. public comments.

There are several third party apps available in the Marketplace to extend the JQL functionality. I have not reviewed them all, but you may find one that would enable you to construct the query you need to at least identify closed Service Desk issues where a customer has added a comment after the issue was closed. I don't think you'll be able to get the comments themselves included in the query output, though.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira-service-management&query=search

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

237 views 2 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you