Filter fixVersion by actual date

Contexys February 9, 2021

Hi all,

im searching for a method to list all issues where the fixVersion Date is smaller than the actual date.

Fix Version examples:

A0.5 (11.08.2021)

A1.1 (11.05.2021)

A1.3 (09.02.2021)

A1.5 (09.02.2021)

A2.3 (04.01.2021)

A3.4 (18.11.2020)

E.g. show all issues where the fixVersion <= 09.02.2021 (actual date)

Result:

A1.3 (09.02.2021)

A1.5 (09.02.2021)

A2.3 (04.01.2021)

A3.4 (18.11.2020)

I have read in here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-FixVersionfixVersionFixversion

that functions like now() or startOfDay() are not supported in FixVersion. 

Is there any workaround to get the results above?

The FixVersion is the only reference for the dates.

Thank you very much for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

@Contexys  , if you have scriptrunner, you can use the function like

fixVersion in releaseDate("before 2021/09/02")

Hi @Fazila Ashraf

thats great so far.

Is there an option to used that function with the current date?

Possible solution: fixVersion in releaseDate("before now()") 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

yup..  fixVersion in releaseDate("before now()") would work

@Fazila Ashraf 

Works great thank you.

If I change the date to 2021/21/12 e.g.

- A1.0 (21.12.2021) as fixVersion 

following errors appear:

• Date value '2021/21/12' for field 'date' is invalid. Valid formats include: 'yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm', 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm', 'yyyy/MM/dd', 'yyyy-MM-dd', or a period format e.g. '-5d', '4w 2d'.
  • The argument should be in the form ("after date"), or any of ("on Date after Date before Date"). Date can be either a date or an expression like -5d or -8w, or a function like startOfMonth().

could you explain what I'm doing wrong?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Put the date in format  'yyyy/MM/dd' as mentioned in the error - 2021/12/21

Ah okay, my fault MM/dd

@Fazila Ashraf 

For my understanding. How does releaseDate work?

Sometimes im experiencing that although the date is correct some issues not getting displayed.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021
Contexys February 15, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf im using following filter at the moment:

(fixVersion in releaseDate("before now()") OR fixVersion in releaseDate("on now()")). 

My problem is that issues which are not in status = implemented are not displayed with this filter. 

E.g. it should display issues which are in status (qualified, planned, assigned) with a fixversion e.g A1.0 (14.02.2021) which are not implemented.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

@Contexys  , you will just have to append your additional clauses 'status != implemented and status in (qualified, planned, assigned) ' to your fixversion query

Contexys February 15, 2021

@Fazila Ashraf 

I think appending does not solve in problem here.

If i use following filter:

(fixVersion in releaseDate("before now()") OR fixVersion in releaseDate("on now()"))

Every issues with status (qualified, planned, assigned) disappears.

If I append following filter: status in (implemented, qualified, planned, assigned)

Only issues with status implemented are shown even though issues with status qualified etc. with fixversion before now() exist.

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Hi @Contexys , 

Welcome to the community! 

Could you specify if you are on server or cloud? 
The documentation you specify is for fixVersions themselves, not for metadata of fixVersions (like releaseDate).

However, Scriptrunner, a very popular app, does add this functionality, as documented here.

- Tessa

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers 

i am on server. 

- Dominik

Suggest an answer