Filter creation

Stefano De Santis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2024

It is not possible to create a filter that excludes only initiatives and their children in the Completed/Done status. The filter excludes all Issues in that status.

The filter I use is the following:
issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf(XXX) AND status not in (Canceled,SUSPENDED, Done, Completed) AND "InitiativeStatus-cf[Radio Buttons]" not in (Canceled,SUSPENDED) AND issuetype in (Initiative, "Work package", Epic).
The filter would exclude all isssues with status "Done" and "Completed".

The result I want to achieve is to exclude only the initiatives in state of "Done" and "Completed" and their children, leaving Work packages and epics in a "Done" state but with the initiative not yet completed.

1 answer

0 votes
fdehne May 5, 2024

Hi @Stefano De Santis 

The logic behind the queries is sometimes hard to cope.

When I get you right, you want both be shown: the initiatives and the child-issues of the initiatives. Try to separate the two filters and then combine both filters with an "OR".

1. First all the initiatives that you want to see -> filter 1

2. All "Work packages" and Epics -> filter 2

The query that contains all these issue can then also be written like

filter=xxxxx OR filter=yyyyy

Cheers

Stefano De Santis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi @fdehne

first of all thank you for your answer.

I try to explain what I want to achieve with an example:

I have two Initiatives - Initiative 1 & Initiative 2

Initiative 1 --> has children (WP and Epic) all in Done/Completed Status and also Initiative is in Done/Completed status --> this Initiative has to be excluded from the query and also all the children.

Initiative 2 --> has children (WP and Epic) some in Done/Completed Status and others in To Do/In progress...status --> this Initiative has to be NOT excluded from the query and also all the children.

Is it possible?

fdehne May 7, 2024

Hey @Stefano De Santis 

Thanks for the explanation and I think I got it now. I thought you might be able to select the issues by the parent state, but this is unfortunately not possible.

However, like @Anders Borud mentioned  here you could use an automation that's tagging all items in an initiative and the initiative itself once everything is done.

Sorry for giving you false hopes.

Frank

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events