Filter by Change of Status

Suzun Kaiser June 30, 2021

I would like to create a filter so I can see a Dev's ticket history and if any of the tickets worked ever were in a specific status. 

Example: 

Ella has worked on 10 tickets over the course of her time here.  I want to see if any of those tickets were ever in "feedback" status. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

My current filter is: 

Project: All 

Type: All

Assignee: Ella 

Result: 10 tickets

Now - I want to see if any of those 10 tickets were ever changed to 'feedback' status at any point and time in the history of the ticket when Ella worked on it. 

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Suzun Kaiser 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, you may want to try out our plugin,

Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

The add-on provides the time spent in each status for the entire lifecycle of the issue. You can also extract the transitions history of the issue. Along with various Issue stats reports, you get additional features like Epic Hierarchy & Links Hierarchy to track the project's progress. The main features are as below

• More than 8 types of Time in Status Reports. Excel Export available for all status reports.
    • Time in Status
    • Time with Assignee
    • Time in Status with Assignee
    • Time with Assignee per Status
    • Status/Assignee Count
    • Multiple Transition Reports
    • Avg Time reports
  • Epic Hierarchy / Sum Up (Standard Jira Hierarchy Epic -> Story -> SubTask)
  • Link Hierarchy / Sum Up (Hierarchy based on your issue link, upto 10 level deep)

TISwA.PNG

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2021

Hi @Suzun Kaiser ,

As an alternative, you can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports by any field(eg. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
July 1, 2021

Hi @Suzun Kaiser 

If you're open to using third-party apps, check out Issue History. It's developed by my team to monitor full issues changelog. You can view who and when changed issue statuses. So you'll know if tickets were ever changed and time in the history when Ella worked on it. 

Just select a project and Ella or any assignee you need.

select.png

Hope you find the solution. Feel free to write if you have any questions.

Regards

Suzun Kaiser July 1, 2021

Thank you, I appreciate you sharing this with me.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

You can use the following JQL for that

and status was feedback

you can add that snippet to your existing JQL to meet your needs

Thank you - without knowing JQL where do I to to find a way to write what I need?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

In the basic search screen to the right you will see a link that says advanced search. If you click that it will convert your basic search into advance JQL. You could then add that snippet of JQL that I provided. If you click on that link and copy the contents of that JQL box into a reply here I could modify for you then you could cut paste. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

Also you might reference this article to get you started into the world of advance searching - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-advanced-searching-in-jira-cloud/ 

Hi Jack and thanks - here is what I tried and it did not work 

assignee in (5e877579aff1810c17c34bcd) order by created DESC and status was feedback

before I added the and status was feedback I had a nice list of all of her tickets. 

Now I want to know if any of those tickets ever were returned to her via the "feedback requested" field. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

So you indicate “feedback requested" field? I thought we were talking about  A status of “feedback“? Assuming we are talking about a status of feedback, what was returned when you used that JQL above? Did you get an error or did you get results that you weren’t expecting? Also, you might want a condition that says status not equal to feedback and status was feedback. What this is saying is you’re looking for something that isn’t currently in the feedback status but at one point was.

Suzun Kaiser July 2, 2021

Jack, 

YES! Also, you might want a condition that says status not equal to feedback and status was feedback.

YES! What this is saying is you’re looking for something that isn’t currently in the feedback status but at one point was.

How do I write that JQL?  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

Try…

assignee in (Ella) and status was feedback And status != feedback order by created DESC

please note that the “order by…” is not required but if present then it must always be at the end following and field query

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events