Filter Stopped working for checkboxes

Robin Fudali May 5, 2021

We have multi-select checkbox as a custom field and I had this Filter generated that worked for several months

Europe_Tenant_Migration is EMPTY OR Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Moved to CN1" AND Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Not Required"

For some reason this stopped working and this JQL is now returning all rows even if they have "Moved to CN1" as checked.  I have tried to change it every which way and I can't get it to only display the ones where nothing is checked.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi Robin,

You are missing a (  in what you have posted above. 

Robin Fudali May 5, 2021

Sorry copy and paste mistake with the end ), but I also tried the below and it doesn't work either.

Europe_Tenant_Migration is EMPTY OR (Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Moved to CN1" AND Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Not Required")

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

So if you remove the Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Not Required" does it work?

Robin Fudali May 6, 2021

No, they both give the same results of 55 rows when in reality only 13 rows are blank, so only 13 should show up.  It is just so odd because I didn't change the filter, just one day it stopped working.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

So just in words  - what is it you want to see?

Robin Fudali May 6, 2021

We have a multi select check box with Not Required and Migrated to CN1 as options (Later we will have other ones like Migrated to CN5 hence why it is multi select).  For this Filter I want to see all of the tickets I need to migrate to CN1.  So I need all the tickets that don't have anything selected.  Right now it is showing all tickets whether they have one of the values checked or not.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

What if you just did an OR between all of them:

Europe_Tenant_Migration is EMPTY OR (Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Moved to CN1" OR Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Not Required")

Robin Fudali May 10, 2021

Same results as the AND.  Which I had tried that before and don't understand (coming from a SQ: background) how it would not drastically change the results making something and AND vs. an OR

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

So, if you use Europe_Tenant_Migration is EMPTY OR Europe_Tenant_Migration != "Moved to CN1"

Do you get any rows that have Moved to CN1 checked?

Robin Fudali May 12, 2021

Unfortunately the same 57 rows.  I have tried so many combinations and it doesn't seem to be working.  It for sure seems related to that multi-select field.  They must have changed something with Multi-select fields and how you report on them or it is a bug.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

I would report it as a bug here then:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Robin Fudali May 17, 2021

Thank you!!!! I didn't even know where to go for support.  Appreciate you helping me.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer