Filter Issues across projects assigned to Epics in one project

Steve_G December 3, 2021

I have Epics in a primary project with assigned Stories across multiple projects. How can create a filter that results in all of the primary project's Epics and the associated stories. I do not want to include any stories outside of the primary project that are not associated with the primary project's Epics.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

If you don't have access to JQL-extending third party apps, the only way to do this is to explicitly list the Epic issue keys, thus

(project = X and issuetype=Epic) or (project in (x, y, z) and "Epic Link" in (<epicIssueKey1>, <epicIssuekey2>))

Steve_G December 3, 2021

Thanks for the quick response Trudy. That's what I thought. I was hoping to replace the explicit list of Epics with an embed query, but that doesn't seem possible either.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

You can, if you are interested in subscribing to a third party app that will extend the JQL functionality.

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer