Filter Backlog View to only show specific sprints

chad chamberlain March 30, 2023

I have a jira project that has multiple scrum boards.  for one of the boards in the project

I need to only display in jira backlog view, sprints that begin with specific characters.

I've tried the following but doesn't seem to work

project = ### AND Sprint = "STRING" ORDER BY Rank ASC

when i go back to the backlog view in my jira board, i still see sprints that don't have that STRING..

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

Hi @chad chamberlain,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It is not possible to use partial data when you are searching on Sprint =, it will only take the full name of the sprint. You would need an app that extends JQL in order to do this, I know from experience that Scriptrunner/Enhanced Search has a function that allow you to search based on regex, but there other apps in the Marketplace that may be able to do this too.

chad chamberlain March 31, 2023

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg 

Sounds like by using one oof these apps, i should be able to create a jql that that only returns sprints in the backlog view that match a specific string. Do I understand that correctly?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Correct, as long as they have a function that allows you to do a fuzzy search. Enhanced Search for example has the issueFieldMatch() function that allow you to do that.

chad chamberlain March 31, 2023

Thanks for that @Mikael Sandberg will give that a shot

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events