Fields are missing (is it a bug?)

Michael September 14, 2021

Around two days ago a couple of fields are missing in all views. It seems to affect rather random fields. In one project it's "due date" and "assignee", in another project it's "Epic name".

I already checked the following:

• they all appear in the screen setup and in issue layout setup
  • the screens are linked to the correct screen scheme
  • the screen scheme is properly linked to the issue types in their projects
  • and I made sure that everything applied to all kind of views

What am I missing and why did it work perfectly just a couple of days ago?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael September 16, 2021

as everything is working again as expected and there was no actual fix applied on my side, I assume it was some kind of bug/glitch. Who knows.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Hi Michael - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Maybe check the Field Configuration for that project to see if those fields are marked as Hide.

And what do you mean by "all views"? Is that a screen? A filter?  

Michael September 15, 2021

@John Funk thank you for the hint. I checked but the fields are not hidden. 

And this is how it looks like in the issue layout setting of one of our projects ... 

Screenshot 2021-09-15 153434.jpg

... and in this case "Due date" and "Assignee" do not appear when creating or editing an issue. They are just not there.

By "views" I meant all the different ways you can show the content (i.e. create issue, edit issue, transition screens, etc.)

I just noticed another weird thing: "Attachment" is added to the sceen (see image in my last comment), but I can't select it in the issue layout settings (see image below)

Screenshot 2021-09-15 154215.jpg

And here is a screenshot from the hidden filds in the issue layout setup ... also not there (as well as the setting is "show" in the field configuration)

Screenshot 2021-09-15 154709.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Are there multiple screens in the screen scheme for that project? Can you go to Project Settings > Screens. Then click on the pencil edit icon for the Task issue type. 

Is there a single screen there? Or multiple? Can you share a screen shot? 

Also, what type of project is it?

Michael September 16, 2021

today, everything suddenly worked again as expected. Don't ask me why and how.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Hello @Michael Johannes 

Welcome to the community.

Are there other people who have administrative access to your system who may have changed something?

@Trudy Claspill I was checking with them but they didn't touch anything. Besides, I was already checking all the settings which could break when someone was changing something, but as mentioned above they all look as they should ... it looks more like that the settings just not apply for whatever reason.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events