Field 'time tracking' cannot be set

Vaclav Pechtor October 8, 2019

Hello,

I'm using Jira Cloud with the iOS App. If I create a task within the app and try to set the estimated duration, I get following error:

Field 'timetracking' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.

When I open the task in the browser and set the duration there, it works. Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
shawn_phua
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2020

Have you found a way to solve it?

Vaclav Pechtor April 19, 2020

No, there is still no solution for that problem.

Dieter Vekeman April 19, 2020

I had the same problem. I was able able to solve it by updating the screen and adding the estimate field there. 

Like Eduard Pandel likes this
shawn_phua
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2020

Sorry but what do you mean by updating the screen?

Dieter Vekeman April 19, 2020

screenshots in reverse order (forum post editing is not that friendly on iphone...)

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 13.46.40.pngProject Risolto - Screens - Jira.pngConfigure Screen Scheme - Jira.png

Like # people like this
Vaclav Pechtor April 19, 2020

This solution solved my problem!

Mark Corrigan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 29, 2020

Fixed my problem as well, thank you!

Eduard Pandel February 8, 2022

It worked also for me! thank you @Dieter Vekeman !

Terrance January 23, 2024

I had trouble finding these settings - leaving this here for anyone else trying to find the 'screen schemes' settings page - it's at:

Top Menu  > (gear icon) > Issues

- then it shows under 'screens' in the left menu, as seen in the screenshots posted previously

- then click on the 'name' of the screen scheme to see the screens it is associated with (not the edit link)

- then click on the name of the screen you need to edit

- then select 'time tracking' and add it

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-screen-schemes/

Hope this helps! This post helped me solve the issue - thanks @Dieter Vekeman 

Suggest an answer