Field is required even if it is not required in the field configuration

Wan Ahmad Mustaqim Bin Wan Azmi April 26, 2024

I have this one field called 'Actual Result'. In the field configuration, it is marked as optional but when I go to creating an issue with this field, it shows as required. Other projects with the same field configuration shows optional and it is working as intended. I have tried reindexing both project and Jira to no avail.

Any ideas to rectify this? It is supposed to be optional.

I have searched around but found one similar post like this but that one does not have any answer.

chrome_1UVJ6jTlfw.png

chrome_Rhu2Pub2lr.png

Appreciate all replies,

Mustaqim Azmi

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Law
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2024

Hi @Wan Ahmad Mustaqim Bin Wan Azmi

There are a few configurations that could enable the field to be required:

Thank you.

Wan Ahmad Mustaqim Bin Wan Azmi April 27, 2024

Hi Victor,

Thank you so much for the reply. I accepted your answer as the issue was the field was mapped inside Behaviours. Removing the field solved it.

Like Victor Law likes this
3 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2024

Hi Mustaqim,

Have you checked the workflow to see if there is something there on the Create transition that would make it Required? 

Also, can you share a screenshot of what happens if you try to save the issue when creating and the error message it gives?

Wan Ahmad Mustaqim Bin Wan Azmi April 27, 2024

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply. I have found the culprit that makes the field mandatory.The field was mapped inside Scriptrunner's Behaviour. Removing it from Behaviour solved the issue.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events