Field is not editable on issue

Ryan Hamilton May 12, 2023

Hello all,

I will try my best to explain my issue. 

I'm currently setting up a company-managed project with some custom fields that need to be edited with some post-function automation in the workflow.

Please find the error messages that I'm getting from the automation. The automation is supposed to clear the values from the 2 fields.

image.png

Can someone let me know what I've done wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Ryan Hamilton

It seems you're using the post function of a third-party app (JMWE) in your cloud instance. Have you consulted the resource linked in the error message? It is certainly not a bad idea to contact the vendor in their app support as well.

Best, Max

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Agree with Max. Also, a question - is the field editable manually on an issue where it is failing via the rule? If so I would guess that it may be an Automation agent permission issue.

Ryan Hamilton May 15, 2023

Hello Max,

Thanks for your reply. Your intuition where spot on.

I think JMWE must have solved the issue thru the weekend, I tried the automation this morning and it's working again, without me doing any changes.

Thanks again for your response. I'm new to Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events