Field Epic link is required on Jira cloud

Myroslav Slobodian May 6, 2020

I need to make for one project that for all new types of issues except epics and sub-tasks the field "Epic link" should be obligatory.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

Hi @Myroslav Slobodian  - You can do that by adding a new Field Configuration for those issue types to your Field Configuration Scheme.

See the guide here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/changing-a-field-configuration-844500798.html

Myroslav Slobodian May 7, 2020

I have "Epic Link" LOCKED. How do I unlock it?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

You don’t unlock it. That just means you should not be changing the underlying way it functions or name. 
But being locked does not prevent you from adding it to screens or using it as is.

Like # people like this
syafiqahalim June 15, 2020

Hi, I would like to know if I can make the "Epic Link" as a required field. My view is showing this. I can't even found the menu to edit the Field Configuration. Any help? Thank you.rsz_screenshot_from_2020-06-16_14-11-44.png

Like # people like this
syafiqahalim June 16, 2020

Thank you @Myroslav Slobodian . It solved everything !

Ambika Kumar November 17, 2021

Hi, 

I've tried this solution to make Epic mandatory, but the issue I'm having is that it also makes it mandatory for sub-tasks. There is no way to conditionally apply the validation for only User stories and Tasks. Unless, do I need to have separate workflows for different issue types? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

Hi Ambika - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You would need a separate field configuration for the sub-task. 

Like Ambika Kumar likes this

Suggest an answer