Failed to close an issue

PaulaA January 9, 2019

Hi all,

On a shared workflow, when a user tries to close an issue the error message "Issue is not closed" appears. He's the reporter and the assignee so he's supposed to be able to accept all changes and proceed. He can also change statuses, that works. It only happens to one user and the project hasn't changed. Any ideas?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2019

It seems that there is trouble with validation. 

Check all validators for this transition.

PaulaA January 9, 2019

Hi @Vasiliy Zverev

For this transition I have the default post functions, 1 condition (fulfilled by the user), no triggers, no validators. 

It has to be something else but I'm pretty lost. Any other ideas?

Thanks 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2019

It could be permission issue. see @Fazila Ashraf last answer.

PaulaA January 9, 2019

No, I double checked with the permission helper and manually. It's not that 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2019

Try to investigate jira-log.txt for errors.

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Hi @PaulaA

Could you look at the jira logs for more information?

Also check the workflow transition for validator and postfunction to see whether any of them could cause this problem.

PaulaA January 9, 2019

Hi @Fazila Ashraf

To close the issue we have only one condition that the user fulfill and the postfunctions are also correct. 

On the logs I cannot find anything that helps me to understand the issue

Thanks

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Did you validate whether the post functions are executed before the error appears?

PaulaA January 9, 2019

Hi, 

How do I do it? The postfunctions are the 5 that all JIRA and one adding a comment.

In any case, the workflow is shared by many projects and only this user has this problem

Thanks 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019

Well, if the post functions are all the default jira ones, it might not be that.

Please check whether the user is able to close another issue in the same project.

Could you check whether the user has 'Transition issue', 'Close issue', 'Resolve issue' permissions in the project's permission scheme?

Can you give him a higher access and check whether he is able to?

PaulaA January 9, 2019

Hi,

he has as much permissions as possible. He's an project admin, he can edit, delete, create, move,... issues. It's really a special case because he's the only person facing this issue for this workflow (shared in many projects).

I checked with the permission helper and he has the permission to close issues... it's really strange

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019

And he is able to close another ticket successfully in the same project?

Could you try a project reindex?

Suggest an answer