Facing login issues for the cloned Jira

KSKumar55 July 29, 2019

Hi All,

I took the backup of Jira from old AWS server to another  new server and made the MySQL and Jira services up and running but when I tried to login I couldn't able to login to the new Jira.

Is there anything that I need to take of Jira in the backend (server)

I am also getting the warning "We've detected a potential problem with Jira's Dashboard configuration that your administrator can correct" on the login page and when expanded the detailed info is below

"Jira is reporting that it is running on the port '443', which does not match the hostname used to run these diagnostics, '8080'. This is known to cause Jira to construct URLs using the incorrect port, which will result in errors in the dashboard, among other issues.

The most common cause of this is the use of a reverse-proxy HTTP server (often Apache or IIS) in front of the application server running Jira. While this configuration is supported, some additional setup might be necessary in order to ensure that Jira detects the correct port.

The following articles describe the issue and the steps you should take to ensure that your web server and app server are configured correctly:

Any suggestions on this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KSKumar55 August 1, 2019

I figured out the issue. Since I took the snapshot of instance and created a new one, the MySQL database file there was an issue in "dbconfig.xml" file. I changed the IP in JDBC URL connection to "localhost" and resolved all the login issues.

Later I made few changes in server.xml file of JIRA present inside the directory "/opt/Atlassian/jira". If anyone is using https/http proxy then un-comment those lines. 

Ex: {<url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jiradatabase?useUnicode=true........}  

Note: Please cross check if there are any error files present in "/var/lib/mysql" directory. If present then remove those error files and restart MySQL database.

After all the changes are made restart Jira and it works perfectly and all the user who have access to old jira will automatically gets access to the new one.

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hello,

That error is relating to a proxy setting issue, and you noted cloning the instance.  Was it a migration to a new production server or did you make a copy on staging for testing?

If this is production you will want to verify the proxy configurations for yor setup but if its a test site i would suggest setting it without any proxy configurations for local testing and reverting the context path to default.

Things for you to check can be found in the KB "Reverse Proxy and Application Link Troubleshooting Guide", but you will want to:

• Verify your base url is set to the place the users will be using (i.e. the proxy front end, not Jira's 8080 based url)
  • Verify the context is correct for your proxy configs
  • check that Jira's server.xml has the right proxyport, proxyname and scheme settings in the connector
  • The proxy has the matching context and proxypass settings

Regards,
Earl

KSKumar55 August 1, 2019

Thank you @Earl McCutcheon 

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer