Extracting JQL filters through SQL query

jenne rajkumar June 5, 2022

Hello Community,

We are renaming 20 Jira project names in our global Jira instance. There are multiple Users Who saved JQL filters based on the Project names, by changing the names of Jira projects will effect the JQL filters.

Please help me with SQL query to extract all the JQL filters which used project names to create filter. 

Thanks in advance

Rajkumar 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hi @jenne rajkumar ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Through the following query you can extract filtername, author and JQL

select filtername, authorname, reqcontent
from searchrequest;

Hope this helps,

Fabio

jenne rajkumar June 6, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  Thanks for the query, this works for view all the filters in Jira. Is there a way I can view, only filters which are being under certain project category?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Unfortunately, filters are cross projects and they are not categorized. You could search for reqcontent but it depends from your JQL filter.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

jenne rajkumar June 7, 2022

Thanks for the update

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2022

You can get the saved filters like this:

select * from searchrequest

Project are in the "project" table.

With these you should be able to compile the query you're looking for.

jenne rajkumar June 6, 2022

Thanks for the answer @Aron Gombas _Midori_ I can get all the filter in our Jira instance. I'm looking to filter based on project name or project category. Is there way?

Suggest an answer