External ticket collaboration

Mike DeKock December 4, 2022

My firm provides SOC 2 examinations for SaaS companies and the service requires a good amount of questions and requests. Today we use Notion for that collaboration but it’s adding an additional tool outside my clients workflow and would seemingly be easier for them if we were able to add Jira tickets directly to one of their boards (something like 70% of my clients use Jira). 

What would be the best way to set this up? Is it just giving us a guest role to a specific board? 

If we created a standard template for this (as many of our requests are duplicative) and invited them in as guests would it be easily accessible with all there other boards? My knowledge of Jira is not extensive 😅 thank you in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Welcome to the community, @Mike DeKock,

I am Marlene from codefortyine

My suggestion would be to create a template project with template requests/issues. Then clone the project including its issues for every new client using our app Deep Clone for Jira.

You could either clone the entire project including its issues, or bulk clone and move the requests (if you want to create the project manually).

The advantage of having separate projects per client is that you can give permission per project to clients. It's also possible to work on the requests without interfering with the workflow with other clients, and have a project board for every client.

You can read more about a similar use case in this article. Please note the article is from 2019, so Deep Clone has a lot more functionalities today: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/A-story-about-working-with-template-Issues-in-Jira/ba-p/1174430

Suggest an answer