On your website (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver085/managing-project-permissions-981154936.html) you state that extended project administration can provide project administrators the ability to edit workflows and screens under certain conditions.
Well, I have a Jira project with a non-shared workflow where the project admin is unable to edit the workflow, despite it being only used by the project in question and it is not a system workflow. (And yes, Extended project administration is ENABLED in the project).
I see that @Derek Mart has asked such a question and Cody Stevens* is familiar with this part of Jira administration, so some clarification and assistance is welcome, as this is frustrating to both the global admins and the project admins at my company.
Note: Using Jira Data Center 8.5.5.
* I am unable to tag Cody since it appears his handle "Cody Stevens (Community)" has HTML format that this Details field can't handle.
@Gil Vinokoor ,welcome to Atlassian Community. Let me try if i can help you.
Can you please describe your issue, when you taking about workflow edit, what you want to achieve . Project Admins can edit non shared work flows but with some If's.
Thanks for replying. I was aware of all of those limitations and have confirmed that:
1. The workflow is not shared with other projects, nor is it a system workflow.
2. The statuses in the workflow already exist in the Jira instance, i.e. no statuses added.
3. Not relevant - I am not trying to delete any statuses.
4. Not relevant - the project admin is not even able to click "Edit" on the workflow, let along edit transitions.
So...any other ideas? Anyone else?
Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events