Exporting CSV of Issues with Development Panel information?

Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

Is it possible to export a list of Jira issues, with a column that includes the Development panel information that one would see on the issue's view screen (Number of commits, pull requests, branches, and statuses)?

We need a way to see these metrics on a report containing many issues, preferably without first having to navigate to the the view screen of every issue.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best,

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hello @Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_

Thank you for reaching out.

You can export most of the development panel information by adding the column "Development" in your CSV export:

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 18.20.06.png

Unfortunately, I'm afraid we don't have a functionality to export the repository name, so we created the following feature request to include this information:

Exporting Jira issues via CSV should also include linked development information such as repository name 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Hi, @Petter Gonçalves ,

I tried the CSV export with current fields but I'm getting a blank column. HTML export works, though.

However, is there a way to display the number of attributes rather than pull request status? For example, "1 branch, 2 commits, 1 pull request" rather than just "MERGED?"

If there is a PR status it looks like that's all I see. In contrast, my stakeholders are looking for the individual numbered counts of each attribute regardless of the development status.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew

Like Klara Zikesova likes this
Klara Zikesova April 28, 2023

exactly, merged is really not enough of information. Pity it does not export all the information available in the fields of Development...

André Stuhrmann August 10, 2023

Is there a difference for XML exports rather than CSV?

Suggest an answer