Export "Couldn't retrieve data"

Scott Fauerbach June 15, 2022

I'm trying to export all issues. I'm on a cloud free tier if that matters. I get 

Couldn't retrieve data
Click to retry

4 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi Scott - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

At what point do you get the error? 

Daniel Longhi June 15, 2022

Same issue for me. Unable to export data as of today, looks like a bug.

Tricia.Kelly June 15, 2022

Same issue for me - get error directly following clicking "Export Issues" from list view.  Offers click to retry option, which when clicked renders same error. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

That's really strange - I am not getting any error. Either in paid or free instance. 

Alexandrea Niell June 15, 2022

Same with us. We are on a paid plan and are getting this error when trying to export:Jira1.JPG

Julie Laufer June 15, 2022

Same issue here 

Sophia O_Hara June 15, 2022

We're also getting this error on the paid plan.

2022-06-15_10-52-05.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2022

Have y'all submitted support tickets yet? 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like # people like this
John Day June 15, 2022

Er, no. Will do. Thank you

Like John Funk likes this
Alexandrea Niell June 15, 2022

I have. Thanks!

Like John Day likes this
Daniel Longhi June 15, 2022

Dammit, i thought this forum was to fix the issue. I will also do the same.

Like John Day likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2022

UPDATE! Okay, I see where it is happening now, based on the images you have posted above. You are getting the error from the Issues view inside of the project. This is definitely a bug and should be reported. 

However, you can click on the Search box in the top nav bar in the upper right. 

Then click on Advanced Issue Search

Enter your query there and you should be able to export from that view. 

Like # people like this
John Day June 15, 2022

Logged issue now. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2022

Thanks for doing that @John Day !

Ange Spring June 15, 2022

@John Day, what's the ticket number- can I follow it?  I'd love to know when this will be resolved.  I'm also seeing the issue. 

Jacob Doege June 15, 2022

I am also seeing this same issue on the paid plan

John Day June 15, 2022

Ticket number: PCS-106245

Hi John!

I'm Andre from Cloud Support Team, and I will help you with this issue. The error you shared is caused by an active incident, but you can rest assured that our team is already working on a fix

John Day June 15, 2022

Ok, its fixed now

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2022

woohoo.jpg

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2022

Sorry for the inconvenience, there was an incident yesterday that affected some Jira sites from being unable to export issues.  This has been fixed about 15 hours ago.

0 votes
Julie Laufer June 15, 2022

As a work around, I was able to export this by clicking on 'Go to Advanced Search'. Hope this helps. 

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2022

Yep - just realized they were in a different spot than me.  :-)

0 votes
John Day June 15, 2022

We are also on the paid plan, and have the same issue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders