Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Export issue to Excel

Hi, I am trying to export issues to Excel.

I use these options as seen on the picture :

excel1.png

Option 1: generates fields that aren't accurate with weird values.

Option 2: Looks good but I would like the date to be without hours : "dd/mm/yyyy" and the value of the Time spent is in seconds (1800) and should be in minutes (30m).

Excel2.png

The time in Excel is displayed in seconds, but in jira it is displayed in minutes (30m) as it should be.

excel3.png

Any way to configure that? Thank you for any informations :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Szymon Ptak 

I believe you are seeing the differences between the Jira source data (e.g. 1800 seconds) and the presentation in the user interface/experience views (e.g. 30 minutes).

Once you have the source data in the spreadsheet, have you tried to manipulate it to your format / reporting needs?  Such as converting the seconds to minutes or truncating the hours from the date/time values.

Best regards,

Bill

How do I get to the source data ? I am in the filters section.

f.png

I can use smart values but I dont know how to get to the 'source data' to be able to manipulate those values.

Tried customizing Global settings ( java.date.picker), Look and Feel and I even tried parsing my date via automation (only {{now.jiraDate}} works, any other format gives me Error parsing date string.

Hi @Szymon Ptak 

I meant the source data you have downloaded into the spreadsheet.  Please look at how it was exported and use spreadsheet functions to convert to the format you need.

Is there any other way instead of plugin?

Do you mean the Atlassian built plug-ins for Excel and Google Sheets?

If so, there are several alternatives which do not require purchasing other marketplace add-ons:

• Just export the issues after using a JQL filter search
  • Use the REST API to pull data out of Jira.  There are many different REST API methods so you will need to research to find out what may help.
  • Use a webhook to push data out of Jira for consumption with a log file parser that can handle JSON

I just want to configurate the data that I will be getting when i click : Export to Excel. 

Just need to change dates and format seconds to minutes or something. I don't want to always use excel formulas when doing the reports. Thanks

In general, that is not possible.  You may change your localization settings for date/time but not the export formats for specific fields.

You note not wanting to use Excel formulas when doing the reports.  If you use the free Atlassian plug-ins for Excel or Google Sheets, you can pull the data into one tab and process it on another, reducing the needs to modify the spreadsheet forumulas with each download.

Please look here for information about the Excel version: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-official?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

If that solution will not work, please investigate the marketplace for reporting add-ons for purchase.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

322 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you