Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Export emails of user field from JQL

Hello,

I'd like to get a list of the emails of all the users in a field from a JQL query.

So far, when running my query and then exporting to CSV or Excel I only get the names or IDs.

I need this so I can quickly send an email to these people.

Anyone knows how I could do this?

Thanks,
JG

1 answer

Hi @JG Meillaud 

What problem are you trying to solve?  Knowing that may help the community to offer suggestions.  Until we know that...

What you ask cannot be done directly from JQL.  Instead you could:

• Create and save your JQL as a filter, and ask the users to subscribe to the filter
  • If the users are associated to fields in issues, you could write an Automation for Jira rule which could access the email addresses to mail them
  • If you are a site admin, gather the email addresses from user management of Jira Cloud

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy,

The problem I trying to solve is to send an email to 50+ recipients that I can identify in Jira fields without typing all their email addresses! (or copy/pasting all emails 1 by 1).

The reason is that I want to personnaly ask people to do something in an email, so this has to be an email from me to them.

I wanted to stay out of Automation for this one but that might be the only way. But I feel I cannot get the emails through an export because of some sort of data protection, which makes me doubt I'll be able to get the email addresses out to a comment with automation but who knows?

If those email addresses (or Jira Users) are in the issue field, an automation rule could parse them to send to all.  One thing to watch for is any SLA limits on the number of emails sent/time unit for automation rules (if you are on a free license account).

I expect it would also be possible to add 50+ mentions in a comment in a rule, as you note, although I have never tried to mention more than a couple of people at once.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,998 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you